Exodus 20: 1-17
1. You shall have No Other Gods before Me.
(Have you always loved God above all else?)
2. You shall not make yourself an Idol.
(Have you made a god in your mind that you're more comfortable with, a god to suit yourself?)
3. You shall take God’s Name in Vain.
(Have you ever used God's holy Name as a cuss word?)
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy.
(Do you set aside a day each week where you go to church, worship God and pray?)
5. Honor your Father and Mother.
(Have you always honored your Mother and Father in everything you’ve said and done?)
6. You shall not Murder.
(God considers Hatred to be as murder. Have you ever hated someone?)
7. You shall not commit Adultery.
(God considers lust to be adultery (Matt 5:27-28) – Also, sex before marriage)
8. You shall not Steal.
(Have you ever stolen something? The value of an item is irrelevant - even one penny)
9. You shall not Lie.
(Have you ever lied even once in your whole entire life? (Little or big is irrelevant)
10. You shall not Covet.
(Have you ever jealously desired something that belonged to someone else?)